Friday, May 21, 2010

Fun day to be a mom, "sigh"

So today we went to Subway for lunch. Hannah got her usual turkey on white , light on the lettuce and extra black olives an orange juisce and some cheddar Sun Chips. She munched down a bunch of chips had some orange juice then ate all of the olives and meat off her sandwich. Gabbie was starting to get fussy so we were packing stuff up to go. Hannah said that she needed just one more bite of her sandwich and then we could go. She took a bite and I'm sure many out there have seen the gagging face little kiddos make when they are about to throw up. So I rushed over to her and held out a napkin for her to spit out her bite into my hand. Can I just say that not only did her bite come up. Poor little Hannah vomited everything she had just eaten into my hands. By now Gabbie is screaming and Hannah tried to stop the vomit with her hand so she is screaming because she has puke on her. Everyone in the Subway is trying to pretend they are not witnessing this horrible scene. I stood there wondering how I was going to get myself cleaned up so I could attend to Hannah and Gabbie. Finally I was able to empty my hands and clean Hannah so we could get out of there. After Hannah was cleaned and had stopped crying she looks at me and says, " I guess I should maybe take smaller bites next time:)" I could only laugh.

4 comments:

  1. Ugh! and hugs... you're awesome

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've often wondered how I would deal with throw up with my kids.... I've had students throw up in my classroom, and I've started gagging :) Should be interesting.
    You are AMAZING for handling it like a pro

    ReplyDelete
  3. The things that mom's do for their kids!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh man. That is all I have to say about that.

    ReplyDelete