Thursday, February 25, 2010

Preoccupied much

Hannah had me make her a fort downstairs. She brought her blanket aka"lankie" and her puppies and some little ponies. After a little while of playing this is the scene that played out.

Hannah, "mom I maybe just peed."
Me, "what ? you peed on the floor?!"
Hannah, "no, just on this blanket."
Me, "Really!"
Hannah, "I just peed a little."

Mind you my voice was changing octaves and Hannah's was just matter of fact, no biggie. So I go and lift her off the blanket and sure enough there is a puddle on the blanket and the floor and her clothes are soaked. She just sat there and peed all over and thought it was fine. Who is this kid? She has been potty trained since this past July. She got a spank for peeing on the floor and all she could say between her little cry was, "it's all my fault" I felt bad for feeling like a spank was the only option, but she acted as though it was no big deal and that she didn't do anything wrong. I am so grateful that she is so forgiving and loves me again quickly after she gets in trouble. She really is so innocent! I am really grateful that Heavenly Father sent her to our home to be part of our family!

1 comment:

  1. Iris is to the point now that she gets really mad at herself if she pees in her pants. I would be just like you if she did that.

    ReplyDelete